- Warner Bros. Discovery expects success with the ‘Barbie’ movie, predicting a rise in gross billings.
- Warner Bros. Discovery to offer free live sports on Max, potentially attracting a larger audience.
- Mark Thompson appointed as Chairman and CEO of CNN Worldwide, signaling a potential growth phase.
- Warner Bros. Discovery launching ‘CNN Max’ in September, expanding its streaming platform offerings.
- Amazon and Disney discussing ESPN streaming deal, which could lead to new revenue streams for WBD.
- Hollywood strikes are impacting Warner Bros. Discovery, leading to lower profit outlook and potential financial hits.
- Delays in releasing major films like ‘Lord of the Rings,’ ‘Dune,’ and ‘Godzilla’ may affect future earnings.
- Subscriber churn and sports rights disputes may pose challenges for Warner Bros. Discovery’s growth.
- Competition in the streaming industry could intensify, potentially affecting WBD’s market share.
- The impact of strikes on the U.S. economy, estimated at over $5 billion, may have wider consequences.
investment score = chances characters count - risks characters count
- 2023-09-09 The Score: GameStop, Apple, Kroger and More Stocks That Defined the Week
- 2023-09-08 Disney Fight Marks Cable TV’s Last Stand
- 2023-09-08 Mattel CEO on Barbie movie: Here’s how much we will make from the blockbuster in 2023
- 2023-09-08 ‘Barbie’ movie: Mattel’s gross billings to rise by $125M thanks to film, CEO says
- 2023-09-08 Family of Billionaire French Luxury Tycoon Pinault Buys Stake in CAA
- 2023-09-07 Google set to kick off NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube this weekend
- 2023-09-07 Warner Bros. Discovery CEO on ‘Barbie’ success: No other company could do this
- 2023-09-07 MotorTrend and BlackBerry Announce “Call for Entries” for Second Annual SDV (Software-Defined Vehicle) Innovator Awards
- 2023-09-07 Warner Bros. Discovery to offer free live sports on Max
- 2023-09-06 Warner Bros. Cuts Profit Outlook as Hollywood Strikes Drag On